Tuesday 21 July 2015

Thai Basil Pork Rice

Thai food always reminds me of my poly days when I was working as part-time in a fusion restaurant which serves Thai and Japanese cuisine. 

It was the time when I was exposed to different types of Thai dishes other than just tom yum soup. Thai basil pork/chicken rice is one of my favorite dishes followed by glass noodle salad, beef noodle soup, phat thai and the list goes on.. 

It was fun working at the restaurant. I made many good friends and it was a memory that I treasure dearly. 


Till today, my friends and I are still talking about our favorite Thai dishes. Let's just hope that I can master cooking all of them so that I can invite them over for a gathering soon. 



Thai Basil Pork Rice
Serves 4



Ingredients:
1 lb ground pork (can also use ground chicken)
1 bunch Thai Basil
1 red bell pepper
5 minced garlic cloves
1 minced shallot
1 chili padi

sauce -
1 tsp brown sugar
1-1/2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp Kecap Manis


1. Combine the brown sugar, fish sauce, and Kecap Manis into a bowl. Mix well and set aside. 

2. De-seed and slice thinly the red bell pepper and set aside. 

3. Heat the wok on high setting with some oil. Once the oil is smoking hot, add the garlic and shallots and cook until it starts to brown and the aromas are strong (2-3 minutes). 

4. Then add the ground chicken and break it into small chunks. 

5. When the meat is half cooked add the sauce, stir it well before adding the chili padi and sliced bell pepper. Mix it well for a couple minutes. 

6. Then add the Thai Basil, give it a quick toss, and serve with rice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment