Saturday 10 May 2014

Cold Tofu with century egg and pork floss

My first encounter with cold tofu was at a Taiwanese friend's house and it was "love at first taste". Though i'm not a century egg lover, but it's the highlight for this dish and every ingredient just complement very well. My Taiwanese friend told me she uses 豆油酱 for the sauce but it is not easy to find this in SG. Hence, I've substituted the sauce with oyster sauce, soya sauce and sesame oil, which is equally nice. Surprisingly, this cold appetizer is also a hit for my family, perfect for the current hot weather. Best of all, no cooking required! Yeah! 
Well, anything that is easy, healthy and fast is a good recipe for me. :)


Ingredients
 
1 Pkt Silken Tofu
1 century egg, sliced
3 Tbsp pork floss
1 red chilli, sliced
1 Tsp garlic, chopped 
2 stalk spring onion, chopped 

Sauce
1 Tbsp light soya sauce
1 Tbsp oyster sauce
1/4 Tsp sesame oil

1. Placed tofu on a plate and drain away the excess water

2. Top the tofu with century egg and pork floss, then sprinkle with garlic, chilli and spring onion.

3. Mix the sauce and pour over the tofu.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ems,

    This looks very easy to prepare and very delicious to eat. I like to make this for dinner tonight :D

    Thanks for sharing.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete